Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 22: What I Want My Future To Be Like

Hey Monkey Manics!  It is a nice (mostly) sunny day today and I am feeling good.  Yes, I am a happy girl today.  Sister monkey is registering for Junior High today and she is soooo nervous.  It doesn't matter what I say to her, her nerves do not seem to calm down.  I, however, am excited for her to start this new chapter of her life.  I am not excited she is old enough to do so, though.

Anyway, on to today's challenge.  What do I want my future to be like?!

Photo found here

I could go with the standard answers and say that I want to be rich.  Live in a big house.  Drive a fancy car or 2.  Pay for everything with cash.  And, as we all know, the list goes on and on.  Trust me, I would be lying if I said I didn't want all of that.

I am one who knows, however, that my future depends on my now.  I have to make the decisions necessary to get the future I want.  While my focus is not (at the moment) on big houses and fancy cars, I do keep those in mind.

Right now my focus is in many other areas.

My monkeys:  I want them to grow up very smart and to be stand up members of society.  I focus so much on them.  I want them to have an amazing future.  Which in turn, will make mine amazing.

My family:  I do focus on my family.  Why?! Because they are a major part of my present and I want them to be a major part of my future.  I love them.

My friends:  I could focus on getting rich and buying fancy things, but where would I leave my friends in all of that.  I focus on my relationships with them, and keeping those relationships strong, so that we can be in each others lives always.

My job:  Like most people, I am not a fan of having a job.  I do, however, put a lot into my job.  I know that this is a very important part of me and the monkeys lives and it could be a big part of our future.  I do not half ass.

These are my 4 main focus' as of lately, and probably will continue to be so for quite a while.  In the end, though, I just want to be happy.  I want all my loved ones to be happy.  Whatever that entails, I am good with it.

What is something you want for your future?

Happy Hump Day Monkey Manics!

1 comment:

  1. I want something more for me and mine. I want to go somewhere and see something. In the future. :)

    ReplyDelete