Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 20: Something I Wonder "What If" About

I am just going to throw this out there before I completely dive into telling you all of my "what if's"... I do not like to think "what if".  I do not like it for the simple fact that I love my life, even with all of it's ups and downs, I love it.  If I think "what if" about any aspect of it, then I would not have the life I have nor would I be the person that I am today.  And personally, I think I am pretty awesome... so I like where my life has taken me.

Photo found here
Regardless of the statement above, we all do it.  I don't like to do it, but yes, I have found myself in the situation.

I have found myself saying things such as "what if I had gone straight to college after high school?". "What if I had never met my ex husband, who I do not like very much?" "What if I had a ton of money?"

There are a lot of things in life we could attach those little 2 words to.  A LOT!

"What if I hadn't ever learned to ride a bike?"

"What if my parents had raised me differently, not bad, just different?"

"What if I had chosen a different career path?"

"What if I had moved out of state at the age of 20, like I wanted to?"

"What if, what if, what if?"

I could go on for days, as I am sure you all could too, but really, what would be the point in that?!

Life should not be full of regrets.  There are so many lessons to be learned, and I truly think that we are all where we are meant to be.  Regardless of how we got to this point, regardless of whether we are happy with it at this moment or not.

Do you have any "what if's"??

Happy Monday Monkey Manics!

1 comment:

  1. There are always "what ifs" but like you said. Life shouldn't be full of regrets, so I try to avoid it as well! Happy MONkeyDAY!

    ReplyDelete