Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 18: Something I Miss

Oh boy... another post that really makes me think.  Have I mentioned that I am not a big fan of being a deep thinker?!  I'm really not.  It makes my head hurt... and that is not a joke.

I cannot come up with just one thing that I miss, even without thinking hard about it.  So now this mommy monkey gets to rant it up to all you faithful, amazing friends that we have.

Photo found here

Well, we might as well get started.

* I miss being young and careless.  Not careless in a bad way, just not having a care in the world.  Not having to worry about all this grown up stuff.  Having my biggest worry be what I am gonna do with my friends today.

* I miss my monkeys being babies.  I miss the phase when all they wanted to do was cuddle and love on their mommy.  I miss them being small enough for me to hold.

* I miss my long hair.  Granted it wasn't super long... but I still miss it.  I am really hoping my hair will grow fast.

* I miss being able to eat whatever I wanted and not gaining a pound... without going to the gym.  I am not big, by any means, but I don't want to get that way either.

* I miss clogging.  Yes, clogging.  No, not the toilet.  I used to clog (the dance style) and loved it a lot.  I would love to go back to those days.

* I miss sleeping.  Seriously.  It seems that the older I get, the less sleep I get.  My body, for some reason, thinks that it doesn't need sleep like it used to, and then I get to deal with being super sleepy and groggy all the next day.  Not cool.

* Although this is a semi new realization for me, I miss having a man in my life.  A hand to hold.  A hug or two.  Sweet, meaningful kisses.  Cuddling.  All that yummy, mushy couple stuff.

* I miss some of my dear friends that I don't see as often as I would like.  I really should try to make more time for them.  They are all amazing.

I think that will do it for today.  I really could go on and on about all the things I miss.  All the people I miss.  All the fun I used to have that I miss.  Well... you get the point.  Unfortunately, thinking about things we miss can sometimes make us frown... but I don't want to do that, so we will end it here.

What is something you miss?

Happy Thursday Monkey Manics!

2 comments:

  1. I'm missing the times before the last two years, those were the easy times, the good times, the times with a little stress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I skipped a day! Just so we could still be ONE day apart!

    <3 this post.

    ReplyDelete