Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 14: A Picture Of Myself Last Year and How I Have Changed

Yay... tomorrow we will have made it halfway through our challenge.  Are you guys as excited as I am.  I will be honest in saying that there have been times during this challenge that I really wanted to post something else... so once we're done here, there may be a lot of interesting, thought provoking and fun posts popping up around these parts.

Today is Day 14.  I am going to show you a picture of myself from last year and attempt to tell you how I have changed since then.  This could get interesting...  Gah!


This is me on a camping trip with some good friends last summer.  Trying to think of how I have changed in the last year isn't really easy.  But I think I have come up with some things.  So here it is...

* My hair is no longer that long.  It is just above my shoulders now, but I will admit... I miss the length.

* I am no longer in a relationship this year.  While it was hard at first, I am okay with it now.

* I have learned that attitude really is everything.  I knew this before, but didn't apply it as well as I should have.  Now that I do, I am very aware of how it changes my life.

* I am reading a lot more it seems.  I have always been a big reader, but I am going through books like you wouldn't believe these days.

* I am a year older.  Ha!

* I have varied in weight by plus/minus 5 lbs, but I still look the same (for the most part) as I did in this picture.

* I have not been camping like this... this year.  Sad... only one trip so far.

* I am hanging out with my bestie more, since as of this year she now lives closer.

* I have learned that how I deal with my kids has to sometimes change as rapidly as they're growing.  This is a tough one for me.

* I am freaking out over the fact that sister monkey is going into junior high, and is no longer an elementary student.

* I have experienced some things that have taught me that no matter what happens in life, we can always choose to allow it to bring us down or build us up.  Regardless of our circustances... we can still do anything we want to do if we really want it.  (More on this after the challenge)

* I am realizing that I do not want to work for "the man"... I want to be "the man".  Ha.

There it is.  This is all I can come up with.  I am sure there is more... like more wrinkles, maybe a few gray hairs... stuff like that.  But really, who wants to hear about that stuff.  Hee hee.

What is the biggest change you've noticed in yourself over the past year?

Happy Thursday Monkey Manics!

No comments:

Post a Comment