Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sister Monkey Highlight

Today we are going to do a little highlight on Sister Monkey (a.k.a. Emily, Sissy or Baby Girl).

Sister Monkey is 12 years old.  She is spunky, outgoing and has a huge heart that is almost always worn on her sleeve.

She loves school, reading and hanging out with the people she loves.  She has a huge love for music and is a great singer.

While she doesn't always get along with Brother Monkey as well as I would like to see... she tells him all the time that if anyone messes with him, she'll protect him first and foremost.  She, also, can always make him smile after I piss him off.

Because of her huge heart, she makes friends easily.  Because she wears it on her sleeve, she has been taken advantage of by said friends, and then gets her precious heart broken... quite easily, in fact.

She has a sense of knowing things (usually about me) long before anyone else does.  I don't know how she does it, but she does.  I remember countless times that she has said something to me and 2 days later, it will happen, and all I can do is giggle... should have seen it coming.

She was what I called a toothpick baby.  She weighed in at 7 lbs even, and 22 1/2" long when born.  She was super tall... and skinny.  I told everyone 12 years ago, "she'll be taller than me by 6th grade".  She just graduated the 6th grade.  Stands as tall as me, her feet are bigger than mine, and we can swap clothes.  Lord help me.

She is now getting the teenage attitude that I have always heard about and feared.  While most days it isn't all that bad, but when she starts, there is no end.  She is like a firecracker.  Watch out.

She likes me when I am nice, or when her dad is "being mean", and she likes her dad when he's nice or I am "being mean".  She hates that we are divorced and no longer live together, but the older she gets, the more she understands.

She was the top reader in her entire school last year, and I am not surprised.  A 6th grader reading at a 12th grade level.  If I get her out of the house without a book in tow... there must be something wrong.

Too smart for her own good half the time, but I learn so much from this "little" monkey of mine.  She teaches me things I would have never known... including some life lessons that will benefit the both of us.

There you have it.  Sister Monkey in a nutshell.  I love this girl more than words can ever say and I am grateful to be able to call her mine for the rest of eternity.

Come back next week when we will highlight Brother Monkey.

In the meantime, what is your favorite attribute about your child/children?

Happy Hump Day Monkey Manics!

4 comments:

  1. I read Sister Monkey gets Highlights... for some reason.

    OVER TIRED? YES!!!

    I was looking for before and after shots and then realized it was a SISTER MONKEY HIGHLIGHT post.
    Duh
    Duh
    DUHHHHH!!!!

    Now, I'm going to write some very important work document... Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a sprightly beauty :) Aaah, those wonderful teenage years coming up!!! Wonder if your thoughts will be similar ina couple of years :)

    My favourite attribute of my own child is a package deal really. Everything that makes her be her. She's independent. I like that. She's straight forward. I like that too. And sometimes I like it when she is sad, and comes to me for comfort :)

    You're on a roll rollergirl...am liking finding out about you and yours.

    Monkeeeey!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if my thoughts will change as well. Only time will tell.

      Maddy sounds like an amazing child. You are lucky to have her, and she is lucky to have you.

      Thanks so much, as you know, I love browsing your blog as well. ROCKER!

      Delete