Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 2: Nicknames

Photo found here
For more information on the 30 day challenge, please read this post.

It is day 2, and today the challenge is to share with you my nicknames.  Some may say that this should be one of the easier challenges, and I would probably say the same... if I didn't have to do it.

You see... I have spent 2 days thinking about this challenge, and trying to compile a list of my nicknames.  This is a little more difficult as I am not the one that calls myself these names.

Shall I include the fact that during my existence, I have probably been called "every name in the book"?!  Or the fact that no one can get it through their head that my name is Melissa and constantly call me some other name... Michelle being the most common?!  So common is it, that if you were to call me that, I would probably respond.... No joke here.

I have decided to skip over these facts and just compile a list of what I think falls into the category of an actual "nickname".  So here it is... the many names of... me!!

Mel
This has been a nickname of mine for many years.  As I have grown and gotten to know more people, I have acquired new people calling me this, and more often.  There are 3 people that call me this regularly... my baby sister (who has called me this almost as long as I can remember, although she usually says Mel Clark), bestie monkey and her boyfriend.  Now, for the record... bestie monkey didn't call me this til she started dating this man.  It rubbed off onto her, I guess.

Lissa
First we had the first part of the name, now we have the last part.  Only one person has ever called me this, and not very often... my mom. I used to love when I was growing up and she would say this instead of my full name.  For one, I knew I was not in trouble.  And for two, I knew that something good was probably about to happen.

Mommy
This is obviously a given, but it is my very favorite nickname.  My monkeys are 12 and 10, and they still have not grown out of saying mommy.  I secretly hope they never do.  

Honey Bee
There are 2 people in my life that have called me this... I am not going to go into that now, but maybe someday.  I had to include this one because it too is one of my favorites.  Melissa means "bee" in greek, and this is how this nickname got started.

Missy
Some might say that this is the most common nickname for my name.  I would tell them they are wrong... at least in my case.  Up until I was 17, my brother was the only person that ever used this name for me.  At 17, his current wife started calling me that because that was how she was introduced to me.  Now there were 2. At this point, a few others call me this as well, but only people that know me through my brother.

There you have it.  My list of nicknames.  I'm sure there are others I could have put on there, but this list will have to suffice for now.  I love all the nicknames I have, and am grateful that I have people that love me enough to call me these things out of love.... Ha!

Come back tomorrow, we will be doing Day 3: My First Love.  Could be interesting.

What is the one nickname that you are called that you absolutely love?

Happy Thursday Monkey Manics!!

P.S. I do not know what is going on with my blog and why things are showing up white... please bear with me while I try to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment